1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

PSX 2 personalized game suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tommy_N, May 6, 2003.

1. Tommy_N

Tommy_N Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,

I need 1-2 new games for my PSX2. I'm hoping you can all make some suggestions based on the following criteria.

I am not a very skillful player. I don’t want anything too hard. I don’t have the time or patience to get stuck on the same level. I’m also looking for something with an easy learning curve.

I’m looking for something with a good story, graphics.

The following are my thoughts on some other games I’ve played

GTA, GT, & Tony Hawk – Loved them, but I’m looking for something different.

Kockout Kings – I love boxing but got too frustrated with the game. Either I would either dominate, run out of energy and get knocked out with one punch, or I would save my energy and still lose.

The Bouncer – Story & fighting was decent. Having to listen to it say “The Bouncer” every time you died got old real fast.

Final Fantasy 7 – Good, but I don’t have the time to commit
    Dark Cloud – I rented it and enjoyed it. It seemed to be lengthy.

1st person shooters – I’m getting a little tired of the genre, unless the story is good.

Madden and other sports – Getting a little tired of them, although I might like a good basketball game.

MediEvil – Great game, I might pick up MediEvil 2.

I also haven’t played any good computer games in a while, and my system is pretty good so I should be able to run almost anything. In the past I loved playing AOE.

Any other suggestions? What else is out there that I might like?

Thanks
    Tom

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Tommy,

Take a look into Primal. It's kind of a 3rd person action/adventure game similar to Tomb Raider, with more emphasis on action than exploration. It's pretty straightforward, and has a gradual learning curve, although there are a few sections where I had to check out Gamefaqs.com for help.

-Dave

3. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

Give Baldur's Gate a try. I'm not a big Dungeons and Dragons fan, but the gameplay is simply fantastic. And, it's only $20 as a Greatest Hits title.

4. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

I'd recommend TimeSplitters 2 if you want a FPS with a story. Not the greatest story, but it adds to the gameplay, IMO.

And also NBA Street 2. Oh, yes. A very fun basketball game indeed.

5. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Frequency and it's sequel Amplitude are two "beat" games that most every gaming site, professional or otherwise, raves about. It's definitely a break from any other genre, and the learning curve is good for novices.

EDIT: Timesplitters 2 has monkeys! On fire! I couldn't ask for anything more, but you may have more discerning taste.

6. Tommy_N

Tommy_N Stunt Coordinator

Wow, thanks for all the info. Keep 'em coming.

Monkeys on fire - I'm all about it [​IMG]

Thanks

Tom

PS - Why does www.gamespot.com charge for membership? Do they really have that many paid members?