What's new

PST taxes in Toronto (1 Viewer)

Jedd

Second Unit
I'm planing a trip to the Paradigm Land. ;)
What is the PST-taxe policy in the Toronto?

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Your gonna save a bundle. Take the Suggested retail listed on their site. Make it CDN instead of US dollars, add about $100 CDN and then do the conversion.

eg. MSRP: $999USD = $1099 CDN * 1.15 (taxes)= $1270 (rounded) Now conver to US (rough figure)

$870 Then you'll probably get back the 7% GST, so about $70 CDN or $40 USD so about $830 when your done. Not bad!

Of course in Toronto if you have time to shop around it's probably be even cheaper.

Jedd

Second Unit
What about Montreal? I can drive there too. :P
edited:
by the way, here what I found on the Niagara site:

Ontario Provincial Sales Tax (PST) 8%
Similar to a state tax, Ontario has an eight (8) percent sales tax applicable to most goods and services. PST is refundable, for goods only, on each receipt(s) that has fifty ($50.00) PST tax. You must apply for the GST refund first, and request that Summerside Tax Centre return the original receipts, with the refund cheque, to apply for the PST refund. You can do both at the same time, if you apply for the GST refund at a duty free store, where an assessor will provide you with more details. You have 4 years to claim a PST refund.

sweeet :emoji_thumbsup:

Stuart C

Grip
Jedd has it correct:

GST is refundable when you exit the country. Then apply by mail for your PST refund. You need to figure an exchange rate of at least 50%. The store may not give you the best rate for U$ cash. Its better to put it on a credit card or exchange the cash at the border. You'll still lose a couple of points on the money but, it will be closer to the real rate. Withdrawing Canadian cash from an ATM will work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks