What's new

PSP UMD Week- xXx, Kill Bill, Resident Evil 2, Hellboy & more...anyone buying? (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I believe the list of UMDs coming out this week are:

Kill Bill
xXx
House of Flying Daggers
Hellboy
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse

Target has them at $12.99 and up, which is the best deal Ive seen so far.

Anyone going to pick up some? I think Kill Bill looks good to me...

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I would pick up Kill Bill in a second but the $27 price tag I have seen on DVDEmpire keeps my wallet safe for now. Unless I see it for $12 there is no way I am getting it. I cant understand how they could charge that much for a UMD with no features when you could buy the full DVD with everything for half the price.
Aside from that I would love to pick up Hell boy as well.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I am not interested at all and it is not because of the price. I really don't see myself watching a two hour movie on my PSP. Now if they had a Best of Seinfeld disc or some Three Stooges episodes I would be much more interested.

-Keith

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
The Target I work at only received xXx, Hellboy, Resident Evil 2, and House of Flying Daggers. All are 12.99 except House of Flying Daggers which is 19.99. I might pick up 1 or 2 for a trip I'm taking to Chicago at the end of the week.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

I dont really see myself watching to many movies on the PSP either. But I find rare times when they come in handy. Waiting in bewtween classes on campus, trips etc. This doesnt happen to often but I would watch a few every now and then. That also depends on the price of the movies.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
5 bucks a pop should be good but higher? No. I'll probably just "convert" them from DVD to a memory stick.

Shawn C

Screenwriter

Yeah, that's what I will be doing but those 1gb duo sticks are EXPENSIVE. I ran a little test and managed to get about 10 seconds of video onto the 32mb stick and it works pretty well.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
U got that right. At first I thought an ordinary memory stick Pro would do as Dell has a one gig for $100 but it turns out the PSP accepts only Duo or Duo Pro. I'm correct guys...right?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
You can fit a movie in good quality on a 512mb stick though. The problem is most of the UMDs are MAR, not OAR. House of Flying Daggers and XXX are MAR, as was Spider Man 2

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Well, Kill Bill and Hellboy are the only OAR that I have seen. Once Upon a Time In Mexico is slightly mar (1.78-1.85) I dont know the OAR of Resident Evil Apocolypse, but it sure isnt 1.78. XXX, House of Flying Daggers, and Pirates are all MAR though. I think it was Del Toro and Tarantino's say that they werent MAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks