PSP through my home theater?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mike JM, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Mike JM

Mike JM Stunt Coordinator

Ok...hopefully someone will read this.

I have a PSP. It has a phone jack and a mini usb port.
    Is there ANY way that I can hook it up to a receiver to get the music on the UMD to go through my receiver and out of my kick ass speakers?

I have a THX ultra Denon 4800 (?) ...bought it about 6 years ago.

Please inform me. Thanks.

2. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

You can get a headphone to composite adaptor, probably at Radio Shack or elsewhere. It'll plug into the headphone jack of the PSP and pass the signal to a red/white connector that'll plug into any receiver. You may also need an extender, though, as I don't think that these cables are very long.

3. Mike JM

Hmmm... cool. So a small female phone jack on one end and 2 male "rca" plugs on the other. And I just plug it into any input in the back of my receiver and.....wa la?

Thanks! I'm excited to try it out. [​IMG]

4. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

Yeah, rca, I guess that's the name I was looking for. Anyway, yes, it's a small male headphone end and then two male rca plugs (one white, one red) on the other end. I have one of these and tried to use it with my DS; I got the sound to come through, but my cable was way too short, and it was no fun laying on the carpet right next to my main right speaker.

Hope it works well for ya!

5. Rodney K

Rodney K Agent

I bought something similar to this but not Monster so it was about 1/2 the price...

Y-adapter

6. Mike JM

yes. I got the adapter from radio shack. and ...it works!

But the sound quality is pretty dismal. I have the psp's volume cranked and even my Denon is almost maxed out. granted it's really loud, but the fidelity is not too impressive. Guess they compressed the crap out of the songs/music since they figured they'd only play through psp's itty bitty speakers or headphones.

Thanks again.

Now I have to figure out how to put music on my memory stick.