What's new

PSP Madden- Anyone here planning to purchase and play online? (1 Viewer)

Brian Price

Stunt Coordinator
I saw that Madden is coming out on the PSP today or tomorrow. It's supposed to have online "infrastructure" mode meaning you can play others online. Is anyone planning on purchasing this game? I've read two reviews, one gave it a 7.9 the other gave it an 8.5. Both reviews complained about the ridiculous load times for the game. I'm not sure yet whether or not I will purchase.

Brian

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
The answer is 'no', not while an exclusivity deal exists between EA and the NFL.

Brian Price

Stunt Coordinator
While I agree the whole exclusivity deal was a crock of "you know what" I feel torn on the issue. It will probably be the only football game out for the PSP and I'm a big football fan. It's the only way I can play my 2-0 Bengals on the PSP! :D

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I watched a bit of the telecast this past Sunday and was impressed with Palmer's development and leadership thus far. They could be a fun team to watch (it certainly beats tuning in to a Browns' broadcast ;) )

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
i probally would, but it would be some time, probally months, as I'm busy with Burnout Legends and Burnout Revenge(online) and today I get Genji and X-men Legends II(online)

RichardK

Second Unit
I might buy it. I'm curious about the loading time deal though. Is it when starting up a game for the first time? or is it during the game itself?

I have Tiger Woods for the PSP and it takes about 30 seconds to get the round started. Long, but the payoff is worth the 'wait'. In between holes it takes about 10-15sec or so. Again, the payoff is worth the wait. I have played through and am 97% complete on this game, so load time complaints are seriously overblown if you realize the payoff far out ways the wait time...shi* the original PS had tough load times too, it didnt hurt the HW or SW sales back then.

I'll post back if i pick up the game. I really want some of that infrastructure online action!!!

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Im looking to see if PSP will bring out EA NHL Hockey rather than another Gretzky hockey, b4 I buy Madden.

Madden looks cool.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
I am playing it and it reminds me a lot of early madden on the PS1. Control is strictly passing icons with no pump fakes and limited "precision passing", also the yellow cone is not available, nor are laterals. Still, great to have a portable football game so at least worth a look.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks