What's new

PSP - It's a beautiful thing (1 Viewer)

Flasshe

Agent
Real Name
Rog
FYI, my local Wal-Mart, which is a 24-hour shop, is selling their PSPs starting at 12:01am the morning of the 24th. They expect to get in about 50 units and are limiting them to one per customer.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Well, the 1gb stick i ordered off of ebay aint coming for a bit. I dont know if the page was altered after i ordered, but my payment has already been taken, and now the page showing the auction state that the person selling it wont have it in until march 28th or later. WTF! I might have just skipped past that part of the fine print, as the person is selling from a business site through ebay. And the thing that irks me is that after the payment was received, i started seeing the 1gb on b&m websites as shipping in one day, and ignored it because of this auction.

Now it is looking like i wont get it in time for my trip to Los Angeles on the 2nd.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Just asked the ebayer i bought the mem stick from to refund my money. Its bullshit that i am charged for it and its still two weeks before the item ships. Feel like i am being scammed here. I emailed the person saying i want a refund since it isnt shipped. Is there anything i should be leery of? I dont do Ebay often.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Yeah, watch those Ebay bastards...but its most likely you didnt read the fine print, since I saw many of those auctions as well.

Tomorrow is the midnight release! Wooo!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Well, the ebayer refuned me already. I wish I had read the fine print more finely. I saw everything but that. But when you see "buy it now" and "5 available" you think its in his hands ready to go. Ugh. Oh well. I have a 512mb stick on reserve at EB anyways, and after some encodes i did last night, that should be plenty big enough to have a movie on it.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
How scarce do y'all think these will be? I've finally given in. I have one on pre-order, but can't get any confirmation that it will ship soon. I could go stand in line and could easily end up with 2.

If their scarce, then I could subsidize mine by trying to get a bit of eBay profit - assuming I was successful (a big if - I hate lines.)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I think it all depends on where you live. It seems that just about everyone here who sells video games will be stocking PSPs; what their allotments are, I don't know. I expect sell-throughs at places such as EB, Gamestop and Best Buy, but I think some folks will just forego these outlets in favour of places such as CompUSA, Target and K-mart, especially if the waiting lines are long.

Although my pre-order unit is paid in full, there's no guarantee that the CSRs working the morning shift will set aside my unit for immediate pick-up and could mistakenly sell my unit to someone else prior to my arrival. I'm going to pick up an extra unit at one of the 24-hr retailers around here (sales start at 12:01am Thursday), just to make sure I've got my bases covered; if I don't need it, I'll just return it (no restocking fee applicable).

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Not exactly hardware related, but why don't I see any mention of "Ridge Racers" anywhere? It was a launch title in Japan, but not in the US?!?

-Christian

Flasshe

Agent
Real Name
Rog
I just bought Ridge Racers half an hour ago at Wal-Mart. Lumines also. Even though I don't have an actual PSP yet. They only had a couple copies left of each.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Hey Gang

I'm going to create an official PSP Launch Discussion thread in this forum. This one has grown to be quite big and it will good to separate new user reviews and comments (and gripes) into a dedicated thread now that we're on the eve of release.

ToddJ

Second Unit
Does anyone know how to change the color of the background in the main screen? In all the ads it is blue, but on the actual product it is green/yellow. I heard it changes with the month, but I am not sure if it is true (i don't own one yet.)

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
It's true. The background color changes with every month. They supposedly tried to pick a color that "goes" with the month (hence, green for spring). Get ready for April.... IT'S PINK!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks