PSOne / LCD Screen combo question

Dave F

Effects Supervisor
For me, the really exciting price cut was for the PSOne! So now I'm thinking about picking up a PSOne and LCD screen. Ignoring the price differences, is there any advantage to getting the PSOne/LCD combo package, rather than buying them separately? Or vice-versa? Are the screen and the PSOne permanently attached in the combo? Or is it still removable?

Thanks,

-Dave

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Other than price I don't see an advantage.

The two units are not permanently attached.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
...and I think you'll find the Sony screen much better than the few alternatives on the market.

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Ummm, a bit off topic, but is there any way to use the LCD screen and plug it into the back of the PS2? I haven't seen how the connections are for the PSOne or the LCD screen, but I've been wondering if you could use the screen for the PS2.

Thanks

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Dave F. Outpost.com has a Gamevue Active matrix monitor for $49. I picked one up and hopefully will have it mid Week. The Sony screen is nice but $149 is alot if it were $99 for the combo maybe. I'm hoping the Gamevue has the ability of using RCA Outputs too. I'm dreaming of a Portable DVD on the cheap using one with non screen DVD Portable.

Dave F

Effects Supervisor
Dave, please post a report when you get the screen! I'd like to hear your impressions...

Thanks,

Dave

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ab1979