PSO (Xbox) - $39 preorders

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave F, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

FYI: Gamestop and EBGames.com both have the Xbox version of PSO on preorder for $39.99. I don't know if it's temporary or permanent. (Gamestop also has free 2 day shipping on preorders)
    Just speculation on my part, but if it's permanent, I wonder if the disc is priced less to lessen the blow of monthly charges?
    I gave up on the GC version due to lack of keyboard, so it will be nice when this comes out...
    -Dave, PSO slut
    (edit: It just occurred to me that one or two people might not know that PSO = Phantasy Star Online)

2. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

Has it been confirmed that there will be a monthly fee? I know the GCN is about $9, but I haven't heard for certain on the XBox. I'm surprised Microsoft will allow them to charge a seperate fee...kind of kills their marketing direction and sets an ugly precedent if this is true.[​IMG] One of the best aspects of Live over the PS2 is the flat fee for all games.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

No concrete news regarding pricing (or the lack of). There is a monthly fee in Japan, but nothing has been announced for the U.S.

-Dave

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Ill hold off first to see if there is a fee

capt

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I have a feeling there will not be a fee as MS is the game's US publisher.

6. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I'll probably end up getting this, but would like to know for sure if there will be monthly fees or not. It's been too long since the 'OAR Avengers' were out and about in the PSO world.

And I never did pick up PSO Ver. 2 for the Dreamcast, but logged in 60 some hours of the original. It'll be worth it just to check out Part 2.

7. Ben Seibert

Ben Seibert Stunt Coordinator

I'm going to preorder this now. I figure if it does have a fee, I'll either decide to pay it, or I can always return the game.

8. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Stunt Coordinator

Any fees would be to "cover" server maintenance - since the game will be running on MS's game network (i.e., not Sega's servers), I can't imagine that they would charge us extra.

Either way, I'm such a PSO whore that I would pay the extra fee.

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer