What's new

PSB T65 vs Paradigm Monitor 11 (1 Viewer)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
As of now, I have been dead set on purchasing the PSB T65, and will probably still purchase them, but after reading the recent issue of Home Theater Magazine, I have decided to at least listen to the Monitor 11's. I found a store that carries both brands, but I won't be able to test them out before next week. While I wait, I wanted to find out if anyone has had the opportunity to sample both of these speakers, and if so, what was you opinion of them?

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I used to own the Monitor 11s.....absolutely loved them. Can't help you with the PSB, but I'm sure they are a very solid speaker. Paradigm and PSB both offer very good value in their speakers.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
Why did you get rid of them Alan? Did you use them more for music or movies?

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I have not owned these, but I have set them up in two home theaters.
I think they are good speaker, but need a big room.
In the one theater setting we turned them on and thought they sounded thin with no bass. Then we stood in the back of the room (big, dedicated, HT)and we finally got the bass they are capable of producing and WOW!
In smaller rooms I think you might have some trouble.
My friend who had them, found this out and sold them for Studio 60's. The 60's work so much better in a smaller room and actually put out more bass than his 11's were in his room. We had the same problem with them in the room of the person he sold them to.

Sorry, if that was confusing.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Kevin:

The ONLY reason I got rid of them was because I came into some money and upgraded to studio/100s. Otherwise I would have kept them.

By the way, Chris makes a good point. Just like the studio/100s, the Monitor 11s need room to breathe. If you don't have a nice open room, you may want to consider a smaller speaker like the Monitor 5s or even the studio/20s if you stick with Paradigm.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
Believe me, I have plenty of room for them to breath, my home theater is in my basement, with no walls separating the home theater from the rest of the basement, I have almost 900 sqft of nice open space. That should be enough space for them to breath, right? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks