What's new

PSB repairs and warranty any experince with this out there? (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I was recently sitting down to decide on some good reference material for an upcomming audition of a new receiver, im going to be checking out two so i want to make sure i have good material for it.

anyway while listening on my home system a crackling and kind of popping was noticed on one of mt PSB alpha intros.

the speaker is almost 2 years old but aparently PSB is extending their warranty to 5 years so i dropped it off to the sony store where i had boughtt he speakers in the first place, they took it no questions asked and said they will ship it back to PSb to get it fixed/looked at.

so what im wondering is how long should i expect it to be gone, does PSB have a good turnaround?

they also never gave me a loaner :frowning: (i should ahve waited till the guy i usually deal with was there) but in anycase im down one speaker ... kinda, i borrowed one my parents werent using but its just not the same.

so im looking for reassurance that i will get my speaker back in a week or two :)

Leo

Second Unit
Well my past experience was the store I shop at here in Atlanta (Audio Alternative) they fixed one of my speakers onsite since they kept the parts in stock. And recently I had to take in a PSB Alpha SE (special edition of the A/V) and they had to order the part in. It's expected back in about a week. So PSB has a pretty reasonable turnaround time in my opinion.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
Heh, i just had a dream this afternoon that someone pushed over my psb minis and they got major damage and the store wouldn't cover it because it was all cosmetic damages....

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Greetings John-Miles,
In my experience, the turnover time may vary depending on availability of parts; it took about three weeks and my repeated follow-up calls to get a new Image 5T driver retrieved from PSB (who were holding the repair up due to parts unavailability) to the electronics shop and installed.

On the other hand, the electronics shop had spare Image tweeters and swapped out my defective tweeter on the spot on a subsequent repair visit. Coincidentally, the defective tweeter was in the same speaker as the defective driver.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
hmmm well then since this is being sent directly to PSB for repairs i dont knwo what to think, i guess i could be looking at a month or more :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks