PSB or Polk?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon Quinn, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Brandon Quinn

Brandon Quinn Auditioning

I've never heard the PSB's, but they appear to be quite popular among the forums. Does anyone have the PSB 5T at home and could offer some feedback?

Also, which would you prefer....Polk RTi70's or PSB 5T's?

2. jaydee

jaydee Stunt Coordinator

PSB over Polk's. But everybody has their opinions.

I'm moving to Monitor Audio's, so if you want to talk about a deal...contact me.

3. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

has your taste changed? from psb to ma? that's like going from vegan to carnivore...

4. Matt D K

Matt D K Stunt Coordinator

Well i'm a Polk man myself, but I really can't reccomend the RTi 70's. I had them for about a month and just couldn't stand them. They sounded like small bookshelfs in really big enclosures. I love their bookshelf speakers, for bookshelf speakers. I got rid of the 70's and got the Polk LSi 15's, have had them for about 4 months, and absolutely LOVE them. They amaze me more everyday! They are a bit pricey tho.

5. Brandon Quinn

Brandon Quinn Auditioning

Hey jaydee....I just sent you a PM.

6. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

Interesting question. I owned the PSB Gold i's for a couple of years and they are great speakers. The only speaker that made me want to (and be able to afford to) improve on them was the Polk LSi 25. Better bass, more detailed tweeter, and smoother midrange in my system. I never thought much of Polk until the LSi system showed up at my door. Amazing sound that won't break the bank. At the same time, PSB offers tremendous value. I've heard the Image line, and it's superb in that regard. I also must honestly admit that I never heard a Polk speaker until the LSi's. Either way, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

7. jaydee

jaydee Stunt Coordinator

Sorry Brandon, I have the 6T's, not the 5T's.

Had a friend lookin at the 5T's which is why it was sticking in my mind.

8. Bryant Trew

Bryant Trew Second Unit

PSBs unquestionably. Proud owner for some five years now, and my goldis still sound amazing. I have not auditioned a single thing that has made me consider a new set of speakers (except the Platinums these days [​IMG] but those cost $6,500 [​IMG] just for the mains).

Ouch!

9. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

I haven't found the need to replace my PSB Stratus Silveri 's for any reason yet... Had them for two years now.. still happy. [​IMG]