What's new

PSB Image 7PT questions... (1 Viewer)

There aren't any PSB dealers near me, before I go into the trouble of hunting one down, I wanted to check and see if anyone had opinions on their 7PT, I currently own DefTech ProCinema 100's, but I want something more adept to music. My room is pretty small and the two powered 6.5's per speaker may be enough bass for my needs. Any info or suggestions would be great. I'm considering the 1B for my surrounds and possibly the 9C for the center.

Todd Gregory

Auditioning
Travis,
I recently sold my DefTech BP2002/C-1 and replaced them with the 7PT's. I settled in on the Image line after listening to a considerable number of speakers from Paradigm, B&W, Klipsch and others.
I was particularly impressed with the 7's in terms of mid-bass strength and overall tonal balance. I loved my DT's for movies but I never really liked the diffused audio for music. In my case the 7's were not an upgrade but rather a lateral to a different sound.
For music I do not use the sub and rely on the internal speaker amplifier to drive the low end. The result is a very musical speaker with plenty of tight bass balanced with clear mids/highs. I often find myself impressed with how distinct and clear these speakers sound
I have read some comments that the 7's include an internal subwoofer, which is not true. It includes 2 amplified woofers. While they may provide adequate bass for some movie buffs, most will require a separate sub.
I have paired mine with a dedicated sub for the low frequencies when watching movies.
I have the 9C center and this is an excellent speaker. This was truly an upgrade from the older, smaller DT and reinforced what others have often said about using a quality center.
In the end only your ears and wallet can decide but I do not believe you could go wrong with any of the PSB’s you mentioned.
Todd

They just got a pretty damned good review in Home Theater magazine too. I found the B-Stock stuff on YAWA, the whole kit and caboodle would be right around $1400, I don't mind minor blemishes, as my room is dark almost all the time, it seems like an amazingly great deal, even if the shipping would be kinda high.
Thanks for the input. I have a Polk PSW350 (I think...) sub right now, it's okay at best, I was thinking about adding the smallest SVS unit to the mix when I could afford it, countless raving reviews aside, it'd also be perfectly easy to place in my cramped setting. 4 powered woofers and an SVS should be enough to crack skulls in a 11Wx12Dx8H room. :)

Chip E

Screenwriter
Travis, i don't think you'd go wrong with the PSB Image & SVS combo... I'm running PSB Stratus Silveri's & C6i center with an SVS 20-39PC in the same size room. All i can say is WOW! I'm picking up a pair of Image 10S surround's today to complete my new setup..really looking forward to it too.. Good luck.
- Chip
------------------

David Head

Second Unit
I love my PSB Image speakers too! I would suggest that you consider the 2B for the surrounds because they have the same 6 1/2" woofer as the 7T and 9C. The 1B has the 5 1/4" woofer.
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks