PSB Image 2B

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Andrew_G, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Andrew_G

Andrew_G Agent

Well?

Are the PSB Image 2B's worth getting? I am a budding audiophile and so that I don't go broke before college starts I wouldn't like to spend too much cash. I am getting a GREAT deal from a friend of a new-but-used 2B pair for 200 dollars USD.

I am told that the speakers are very neutral in sound and offer great bass. I listen to a lot of classic rock music, so would this be suitable for my uses? I do about:

70% Classic Rock, 30% Techno

My usages of my system go like this:

50% Music, 25% Movies, 25% Games + TV

It's about a 20 foot listening area stretching from wall to wall.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Andrew Grathwohl

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

I am using the slightly smaller 1Bs for my rear left and rear right channels and am very happy with them. Of course, they can also be used as front speakers. For their size, I've found that they do have surprisingly deep bass by themselves.

However, I am using them in concert with two main towers and a subwoofer in a room about half as deep as 20 feet.

Would it be possible to ask your friend to try them out in your space to convince yourself of a purchase?

3. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

my first setup consisted of 4t's in front, 8c center and 1b's in back. it was great. for the money, i couldnt say enough good things about them.

4. Andrew_G

Andrew_G Agent

Unfortunately I cannot audition these because he lives in Hawaii, and he needs to ship them to me.

Anyhow, it's not 20 feet deep, I'm just saying that in between the speaker and the wall behind the couch it's 20 feet (it's more like 17 feet) - so if I were sitting on the couch it would be 12-13 feet.

I was just really asking if the sound quality is what I'd expect. I have found to agree with most people and my ears are pretty much always with the most popular belief of how a speaker/headphone performs.

As long as it's good for rock music by itself and in Dolby Pro Logic with other speakers I'll be fine.

I mean, I think I should personally jump on this deal because of how much money I'm saving. Not even 400$ a pair floorstanding speakers from Klipsch or JBL could match that.