PSB, Axiom or Diva? Need help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidRod, Jan 3, 2002.

1. DavidRod

DavidRod Auditioning

I've been researching speakers for the past couple months and have finally narrowed it down to the following systems. But now i'm confused [​IMG] . Not really sure which to pick so maybe you guys can give me some advice. The system will be used for home theater mostly if that helps any. Is any one of the following systems head and shoulders above the other two? Which would you recommend?
    Swan Diva 4.1
    Swan Diva C3
    Swan Diva 2.1
    PSB Image 6T
    PSB Image 9c
    PSB Image 2B
    Axiom M80
    Axiom VP150
    Axiom M3
    Or is there anything else you would recommend that comes out to less then $1500? All of these systems meet that price point.

2. Dan_Jones

Dan_Jones Stunt Coordinator

I'm using an Axiom setup consisting of M50's, the VP100, and the M3Ti's and am very very satisfied. Seeing that you were going with the M80 and VP150 I would probably recommend going with M22's for rears if you decide on going with Axiom as you're going to be using very powerful towers in the 80s.

Anyways, I'm extremely happy with the Axiom's; best speakers I've ever owned. I'd recommend using the manufacturer's 30 day free trials (I know Axiom does this, I believe Swan does, not sure on PSB) and test them out for yourself. Then you'll know for sure what path to chose.

3. DavidRod

DavidRod Auditioning

Thanks for the reply Dan. I would love to use their free trial periods but return shipping on any of those speakers would be very expensive.

4. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Of those three, IMO the Divas are the ones to get. Beautiful speakers. If you do not like them then try to sell them locally for what you paid for them. I do not think you can lose there.