What's new

PSB Alpha SubZero or other small musical sub (1 Viewer)

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
Stopped by the local B&M this morning looking for a small footprint, 8 inch, tight musical sub to compliment Paradigm Atoms in a small room. Use will be 90/10 music/HT. They showed me a PSB Alpha SubZero. While it has only 50 watts it sounded pretty decent to me in a fairly large demo room. List is $300, and they would sell it to me for $250. I only need bass extension to 30 Hz or so and real loud is not a big factor. Musical integration with the Atoms is the most important factor. I am seriously considering getting it. Does anyone own one or have comments on this sub? Thanks.

Regards, Nick

PS Another alternative would be a Paradigm PDR 8, which as of yet I have not auditioned. Comments on the PDR 8 or other recommendations are welcome too.

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
I have the PSB subsonic5 sub and I love it! It is the next step up and has a 10" woofer. It is rated at 65 watts but does one heck of a job, it never seems to be at a loss for power. I have an all PSB system with alpha minis in the front and alpha mites in the back. From the first time I heard these speakers I have been in love! (hehe) For the money I think PSB's are hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks