What's new

PSB 4T vs. Pardigm Monitor 7 (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
Anyone listened to these side by side? I have listened to the 7's but the PSB's come highly recommended.

J

Nick V

Second Unit
All I can tell you is that the Paradigm's will have signigicantly better bass response than the PSB's. The Monitor 7's have 6.5" drivers while the 4T's have 5.25" drivers if I remember correctly. I listened to both of these speakers briefly when I was buying my system, and I preferred the Paradigm's. But, you should really try to listen to both of them for yourself, with the same electronics if possible.
BTW, I ended up with Paradigm Monitor 11's so my opinion might be slightly biased.;)

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I've listened to both but never side by side and with quite a bit of time between auditions. I think both are excellent speakers and I recall the PSB being very favorably reviewed by Stereophile awhile back. Personally, I'll probably go with PSBs over the Paradigm but this is because I want bipolar surrounds. However, I'd be happy with either one. If you can audition both, do so. If not, just go with the Paradigms.

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, heard the 4Ts at Stereoland in Windsor and they sounded SWEET!! Awesome little towers...About 400-450 U.S.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget to check out the 5T and 6T's. Higher efficiency and more bass. I have 6T's and like them very much.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I've auditioned the Monitor 7 and 9s before and while they did put out quite a bit of bass, it was pretty boomy bass, and midrange wasn't very good, especially on the 9s due to their 8" midrange drivers. I didn't audition the Image series though despite they being on my audition list. After a long search, I ended up with the PSB Stratus Goldi's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks