PSAudio's Ultimate outlet

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Sorenson, Mar 7, 2002.

1. David Sorenson

David Sorenson Stunt Coordinator

I have a Servo-15 that picks up my neighbors CB, whether it is connected to my system or not. My dealer recommended teh PSAudio Ultimate Outlet as a solution to this (assuming a cheater plug test works). It's a spendy little unit and wanted to see if anyone here has had any experience with it. I do get a fair amount of power interference on my system since it's on a common circuit in the house so I thought this might help me there as well. I've always hated getting interference in my speakers when the bathroom fan gets turned on.

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

That's the Paradigm sub, yes? Explain what you mean when you state the Servo picks up the CB channel when it is not connected to your system. Do you mean no cable connections and that its not plugged in?

3. Dennis B

Dennis B Stunt Coordinator

David,

You're better off running a dedicated circuit to your gear. It's much cheaper, even if you hire somebody to do it.

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    David,

Yes, it is pricey!

You should get your dealer to let you home audition it for a few days. The better high end dealers usually allow this, particularly if you are a repeat customer. That is the best way to test.

Lee

5. David Sorenson

The Dealer will let me audition one so I'll get to see if it solves the issue. The sub receives the cd sigals with the power cord plugged in and with not signal cable attached (or with it attached). I've read enough posts to see that my next house will have a dedicated circuit with a double ground. I currently live in a manufacured home and will be moving within the year so I'm not going to mess with the electrical now.

One other interesting fact is that the Servo-15 doesn't use a 3 prong plug. Thus the cheater plug will have no effect what so ever.

6. Frank_S

Frank_S Supporting Actor

David, I think you should tell your neighbour you will report him to the FCC if he does'nt stop transmitting.
    It is not his right to screw up everyone's airwaves, don't stand for it. I don't think a dedicated line will matter in this case, you need to break his CB radio, or turn him in.[​IMG]
    BTW, does he have one of those giant antennas on his roof?

7. David Sorenson

Yes he has a monster antenna on his house. I've actually talked to the FCC, city and county police and although he is running illegal power amounts, they won't do anything about it. The kid is also a pretty nice guy. He's actually tried to get his system to not bleed so much but is not having any luck. He tries not to broadcast when I'm home but that still doesn't keep my sub from powering on all the other times.

8. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I'm not sure what kind of 'nice' guy inconveniences his neighbors in that way. what is Paradigm's position on your situation? Myself, I'd start a letter writing campaign and consider a law suit if it were that bad.