What's new

PSA: BenQ 6100 and 6200 are 2x, not 3x color wheel (1 Viewer)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Sorry if this is stale news. I don't see this topic anywhere, and figured anyone looking for a projector should be aware of the false advertising done by BenQ. There's a thread going on at AVSforum about this right now...

Anyway, the bottom line is that the 6100 and 6200 were marketed as 3X color wheel units, but are actually 2X - same as X1 and others in the same price range.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Actually Projector Central changed their listing to 2x wheel speed. They also put a disclaimer in their review about the change. I would be furious about this if I bought one thinking it was 3x. A lot of people went with the Benq and not the X1 because they thought it had a 3x wheel. A lot chose that feature over the X1's Farouja deinterlacer......not cool. Benq should do something about that. I was actually going to get the 6100 because it will work well for my situation but I am now going to look for an alternative because I think what they did was pretty crappy.

Brad E

Second Unit
I did buy the 6100 a couple months back and promptly returned it. Rainbows were horrible on everything I watched.
Passion of the Christ in particular was completely unwatchable, because everytime I looked down at the subtitles I was assaulted with rainbows.

This latest news explains a lot. I'll never buy another Benq again if this is how they chose to do business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarvelManiac68