What's new

PS4 digital optical to Pioneer Vsx 52tx has no audio (1 Viewer)

SalmonSashimi

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin
I've been trying to connect the PS4 (regular, not slim) to the vsx 52tx receiver but even when the PS4 recognizes the digital optical cable, there's no audio for it, only audio out of the TV.
I really only need the audio to go into the home theatre, because the video is outputted through the HDMI.

I've tried connecting the cable to satellite port but there was no audio. I tried plugging it into the front Digital In, but I couldn't change the input to that.

On the receiver, the signal select only allows me to switch to analog, so I'm guessing this might be it.

I know this is very specific and old, but any help would be much appreciated.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You typically have to configure inputs through the receiver's setup menu. They are assignable, and that's the only way to know which input the optical audio input is assigned to.

SalmonSashimi

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin
Just tried that and it now appears as Digital going to TV/SAT specifically (which was the optical port I plugged it into). However, there is still no sound.
Thanks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks