What's new

PS3 to Denon AVR-3808CI questions (1 Viewer)

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I currently have my PS3 connected HDMI to my Sony KDS-R70XBR2 HDTV, and SP-DIF using linear PCM to my Yamaha RX-V596 AVR. Needless to say, my audio experience is less than optimal.
So, I purchased a Denon AVR-3808CI. I plan to connect the PS3 HDMI to the Denon for both audio and video, eliminating the optical connection.
Am I correct to assume that I will then be able to process every sound format, including lossless from my PS3 through the Denon? If so, what should the audio setting be on the PS3?
Also, will I be able to decode SACD for full surround?

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Garner
The answer to both questions is yes. Just set the BD/DVD audio setting to PCM and you're all set. The only time you would have to change to bitstream is when you play a DVD encoded in Dolby EX or DTS-ES.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
I have the 2008,Jeff which is basically the same as yours, and I have no problem with SACD via HDMI. You have the added benefit of Audyssey room correction which I think is a tremendous advancement.Of course, not all PS3 play SACD but the 60'S and the 20'S, I think do.Hope you have one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks