What's new

PS3 to Denon AVR-3808CI questions (1 Viewer)

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I currently have my PS3 connected HDMI to my Sony KDS-R70XBR2 HDTV, and SP-DIF using linear PCM to my Yamaha RX-V596 AVR. Needless to say, my audio experience is less than optimal.
So, I purchased a Denon AVR-3808CI. I plan to connect the PS3 HDMI to the Denon for both audio and video, eliminating the optical connection.
Am I correct to assume that I will then be able to process every sound format, including lossless from my PS3 through the Denon? If so, what should the audio setting be on the PS3?
Also, will I be able to decode SACD for full surround?

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Garner
The answer to both questions is yes. Just set the BD/DVD audio setting to PCM and you're all set. The only time you would have to change to bitstream is when you play a DVD encoded in Dolby EX or DTS-ES.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
I have the 2008,Jeff which is basically the same as yours, and I have no problem with SACD via HDMI. You have the added benefit of Audyssey room correction which I think is a tremendous advancement.Of course, not all PS3 play SACD but the 60'S and the 20'S, I think do.Hope you have one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks