What's new

PS3, Samsung Series 7 TV and 3D (1 Viewer)

michouthefirst

Auditioning
Real Name
Michel Prévost
I just bought the Samsung series 7 TV and I own a PS3 which is supposed to support 3D. So, out of curiosity because I am not a 3D fan, but I have it, wanted to try it. I rented Finding Nemo in 3D. When I bought the TV, I reran the PS3 settings and it showed that the TV supported 3D. When I run the 3D movie, all seems fine, I see the Disney intro. But when the movie is about to begin (not sure, maybe show me the regular menu but in 3D), the TV tells that there is no signal coming from the source, as if the PS3 stopped sending data to the TV. I tried different things, to no avail. After brining back the BD to the video store, I started to think that my AVR could be responsible for the problem. The device is a DENON AVR-789. Should I try with the PS3 directly connected to the TV?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
connecting directly to the tv would be the best way to determine whether your receiver is the culprit. Most HDMI receivers prior to 2010/2011 were not 3D capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks