What's new

PS3 Remote Problem (1 Viewer)

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
Ok so committed a sin. I opened the PS3 remote and threw out the package.

Problem is how do you get it to work? I'm sure you need to set it up to the system but i cant figure out how. Normally you just put batteries in a remote and the thing works...no such luck here with the blu ray.

Joe

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
go into the settings of the ps3 and pair up the remote with the ps3, its easy. Takes less than 5 minutes.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Must have 1.50 firmware or higher installed or it will not work. Since it is a bluetooth device, you need to "register" it with your PS3. You turn on the remote with the PS button and then go into the menu as mentioned above.

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
You probably need to charge the remote. With the PS3 came a short, maybe 2' cord. Plug one end into the remote, the other end into PS3. Power on PS3 so it's fully on, and not in stand-by mode. Charge for a few hours. The PS button that was referenced above, looks like it's just a logo on the remote, but it is a button with a lot of functions. Push it in, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Good Luck.

Jimmy

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
The PS3 BD remote differs from the game controller in that it does not have rechargeable battery, just the normal AA batteries.

You do have to do the bluetooth "pairing" procedure as described earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks