What's new

PS3 Owners,what receivers are you using? (1 Viewer)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I use a B&K AVR 517 S2. No HDMI but the downsample through this reciever, via the optical, is awesome. I have been calling B&K as to when they will update their receivers but they are still evaluating. Chances are a separate chassis will link up via the digital link (RS-232 I think) to enable the HDMI hook-up. Guess we'll see.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr

You do realize that you will still never get DD TrueHD or DTS-HD MA bitstream output from your PS3 to the TX-SR605, don't you? You may want to stick with your TX-SR604 for awhile (unless of course you have other HDMI v.1.3 components besides your PS3):

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=257408

I was considering going the same route but with this "new" info I'm not so sure any longer....not to denegrate that particular receiver in any way because I'm sure it is very good for the price. But I haven't decided whether the expense of HDMI v.1.3 on the receiver-side is worth it just for Deep Color compatibility (since it isn't in the Blu-ray spec and since I don't play that many games.) Instead I may look for something that just does a decent job of up to 7.1 channel PCM over HDMI v.1.x.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks