What's new

PS3 Discounted at Sony site, 25% off (1 Viewer)

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
Buy the Sony BDP-S300 for $299.99 at SonyStyle.com
Pay for the Sony BDP-S300 with a new application for a Sony Visa Card. Get 12 months no interest financing and a $100 account credit (after qualifying purchase of $299 or more -- the Blu-Ray player by itself will put you over the top). The effective price of the Blu-Ray player is then $199.99

Same thing with the 40 GB PS3 results in a $299.99 price.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Does SonyStyle online charge sales tax? Places like that piss me off. I mean, Amazon doesn't, why should anyone else? :frowning:

p.s. shipping cost?

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
It must be the honor system, Sony must not trust the public on reporting the internet sales to their state.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's kind of the law, not really their choice. I pay sales tax when I order from Amazon, because they have a distribution hub here in Kansas.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
What the fuck? It said it would give you the card number, etc on screen instantly, but it didn't. It said I'd be notified by mail within 30 days. !?!?!

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

Not worth the trouble for a $75 discount. I've had the same card with a $10k limit for years. Besides, it says it takes 8-12 weeks for that credit. Why!? It's all electronic in this case. It should be on your account as soon as you make a $299+ purchase. assholes.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

No offense intended, but that doesn't really mean all that much in terms of a credit check. There are plenty of other variables that are taken into account. They probably only give instantaneous credit to those with excellent or near-excellent credit scores. Another possibility is that some data from the credit report didn't quite match up with what was in your application so it got flagged.

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
There is also the possibility of some one retuning the PS 3 and then getting the credit and yet in reality never bought anything, so that is why the credit takes about 6 or 8 weeks, It would be nice if the credit would be automatic but that is not the case by the way don't shoot the messenger.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Well, they actually called me just now. Approved me and said I'd get the card next week. I guess I can wait that long to order, assuming the deal is still good til then. I'm gonna be pissed if I finally place the order and that promotion is no longer valid.

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
Go on the Sony site and print the promotion it will have the date on your paper,
you should had gotten 3 numbers and the credit card number even if they will send you the credit card in the mail. Believe that the 3 numbers is what gives you the credit in the amount of $100, give them a call back if you have to.

Good luck.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, they say 6-8 weeks for the $100-back credit, but it actually only took ~1 week for me (to my pleasant surprise :D) when I bought the PS3 back in late December.

Also, if you're in a rush to use it, you could ask them to get the card to you via next day delivery or something like that. Just explain your situation politely, and they'll probably be happy to help w/ that. That's what I did. :D

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Not sure I understand that question. I didn't get any DVDs w/ the PS3. If you mean the free BD offer(s), I got the 1-disc limited edition Spiderman 3 (in the box) and awaiting the standard 5-free titles w/ the rebate offer (that ended last month) -- of those 5, only PotC and Superman were all that interesting to me though. I also got an extra free wireless controller at the time -- it was a very limited time offer (for maybe a couple weeks).

_Man_

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

The 3 numbers are the security (CVV2) code for the card. It has nothing to do with promotions. They didn't offer me the card number over the phone and I'm not calling back. I'll have the card next week. I'm still not sure I'm gonna bother. I'd rather order from Amazon and not pay sales tax. This only ends up being a $75 savings later.

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
Don't blame you. Have a funny feeling that within a month that will be the going price on the PS3 through out the land, as BD prices will be dropping.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

Well, Amazon has a 30 day price match policy, so maybe I'll get lucky on that front. ;)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

There was a rumor that it'd drop by ~$100 back a couple weeks ago, but it didn't happen. Maybe it was originally considered before Warner made their announcement to go exclusively Blu(?) -- the rumor certainly did try to tie a potential price drop w/ Warner's move though the thinking had been that Warner was the one asking for the price drop for its decision to go Blu (to help grow the market faster).

Hard to know when the next price drop would actually happen now...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks