What's new

PS3 Console Problems. (1 Viewer)

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Has anyone heard of any problems with the PS3? I know about the red ring of death from the Xbox 360, and just the other day witnessed the death of a 360 and a game called Oblivion. I just wanted to know if the PS3 had any similar problems that should be taken notice of?

SDRANGER619

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edgar
You'll always have hardware that goes bad. SONY hasn't had a problem comparable to the RROD problem that the XBOX has experienced. Shame on Microsoft for trying to save a few bucks in the R&D side.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Yep. Both my PS and PS2 developed issues that rendered them useless. Both my Xbox and Xbox 360 are still going strong. You just never know.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
No issues with PS3 so far. Of course this doesn´t mean that PS3-console can´t "break" or anything. But their hardware is more reliable than some other console out there.. ;)

In the world of electronics, you never know, but "so far, so good".

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There was a firmware update a month ago that "bricked" some people's PS3s, but that was fixed and there's no other real issues so far.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser

That's kind of funny actually, I still have my original Playstation and Playstation 2. The playstation I got in 1999, and the PS2 in 2002. I guess it just depend on luck.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Both of my PS1 & PS2 are still working for me too. Never had any issues. That´s one reason why PS3 was quite an easy choice.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I got a second PS2 though a while after my first PS2 so we could have one in the living room. It was one of those slim PS2's. That one was the only one that died on us, and I still have our old bulky one. I think the death of the slim PS2 was due to a lack of a fan and internal circulation.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
PlayStation 1 runs fine, but it was one of the mid-lifespan ones (I think I got it in 97 or 98, a couple years after it originally was launched). PlayStation 2 had to be sent to Sony once, since then it has a problem every once in a while that is fixed by using a dust-cleaning CD. Hopefully, my PS3 lives a long life.

Also, my original X-Box (haven't gotten a 360 yet) has never had a problem. Nor has my GameCube or Wii, just to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks