What's new

PS3 Bargains at Target (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hey gang,
I've been noticing a lot of PS3 titles with red clearance price stickers over the past week or so, including:
  • Half-Life 2 Orange Box $30
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance $15
  • MLB '07: The Show $10 (FYI, this is an excellent game and will automatically update itself to the latest rosters when you go online)
  • The Simpsons $35 (not a great deal, but once that red sticker shows up on the box it's only a matter of time)
  • Various crappy '07 and '08 sports titles very cheap
  • Lair (I think it was $20 or $25 but I hear it's lame so I didn't pay much attention)
They often have XBox 360 titles on clearance, but the PS3 stuff is new. One of the Targets near me occasionally has a copy of Glory Road on BD for $7.50, but that's the only BD title I've seen on clearance so far. Note that Target clearance items vary from store to store -- the items on the above list were scattered amongst a couple of different stores. Unless you want to go there anyway, call ahead and ask if they have a particular title (and if it's on sale).
Happy hunting!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thanks Marvel ult Alliance is a great game.
i'll be on the lookout.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
My Target just teases these prices.

For instance, The Orange Box PS3 is marked clearance but for $41.98, not $29 that others are finding.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
It takes time for certain Target stores to begin clearancing and not all stores within a given area clearance items at the same time or at the same price. I had to really look hard to find Folklore recently because some stores had to at full retail ($60) while others had it for $15.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
January is usually the best time for Target clearance sales -- now that PS3 games are in the mix, I expect January '09 to be a Happy Time. :)

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
I went to several Targets in my area in search of Ultimate Alliance - no luck. In addition to coming across some of the titles listed above, I also found Motorstorm for $29.99, EA's NCAA Basketball and Football 2008, for $19.99 each. Motorstorm is a great game, IMHO. However, it has horrible load times.

-Gerry

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
On a related note, I've seen Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights marked down in a few places. The cheapest was $20 at the local Toys R Us, but I don't know if that was a permanent markdown or just a temporary sale.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Doug Schiller said:
My Target just teases these prices.
For instance, The Orange Box PS3 is marked clearance but for $41.98, not $29 that others are finding.
I checked the Target close to me and that was the price, although it was the second clearance sticker so maybe the third one will be at $30.
Chris

HDTVGCL

Auditioning
Real Name
Germain Lavoie
Found a PS3 wireless controller for 12.98 and a wired version for the Xbox360 for 9.98, not too bad. Granted they are not OEM but still. Some HDMI Xbox360cable selling for 9.98. Beats out those 40.00 cables or so.

Still looking for bargains at various Targets.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Original Equipment Manufacturer (i.e., the controllers he saw were third-party products).

Germain, was the wireless PS3 controller that you saw USB-rechargeable or battery-powered?

HDTVGCL

Auditioning
Real Name
Germain Lavoie
Aaron Silverman said:
Original Equipment Manufacturer (i.e., the controllers he saw were third-party products).Germain, was the wireless PS3 controller that you saw USB-rechargeable or battery-powered?
Got 2 more Redskins PS3 controller for same price $12.48 (yesterday was the NFL Ravens). The unit uses 2 AA regular, alkaline,etc. You could use rechargeable batteries for it as well. Looking at the bottom, looks like the "place" for USB is blocked with plastic piece. However checking with web site should have an answer. Still a bargain. Also picked up FEAR for $15.You're right about OEM, just a third party authorized to manufacture original parts at a discount from the originals.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
HDTVGCL said:
Got 2 more Redskins PS3 controller for same price $12.48 (yesterday was the NFL Ravens). The unit uses 2 AA regular, alkaline,etc. You could use rechargeable batteries for it as well.
Looking at the bottom, looks like the "place" for USB is blocked with plastic piece. However checking with web site should have an answer.
Still a bargain. Also picked up FEAR for $15.
You're right about OEM, just a third party authorized to manufacture original parts at a discount from the originals.
I picked up 2 NO Saints controllers for the $12.48 price. I do have rechargable AA batteries so I will see how well they work with these controllers. They don't work well with remote controls so I just use alkaline.
Chris

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Unfortunately they only sell the Dolphins controllers around here. Maybe I'll ask my parents to check their area for the Pats version. Do those football controllers use Bluetooth or do they come with a USB dongle?

I have a third-party wireless (USB dongle) PS3 controller (I think it's either MadCatz or the GameStop store brand) that uses AA batteries. I put rechargeable Sanyo Eneloops in it and they work great. (They're a little on the expensive side, but they are great batteries -- I got a set at Costco pretty reasonably.)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Aaron Silverman said:
Unfortunately they only sell the Dolphins controllers around here. Maybe I'll ask my parents to check their area for the Pats version. Do those football controllers use Bluetooth or do they come with a USB dongle?
I have a third-party wireless (USB dongle) PS3 controller (I think it's either MadCatz or the GameStop store brand) that uses AA batteries. I put rechargeable Sanyo Eneloops in it and they work great. (They're a little on the expensive side, but they are great batteries -- I got a set at Costco pretty reasonably.)
Hey, get the only NFL team to ever be undefeated throughout the entire season including the Super Bowl. Yes, these are MadCatz USB dongle NFL wireless PS3 controllers. I believe in many years, the Dolphins will still hold that record and the record held by the Patriots, the only 18-0 regular season team to lose in the Super Bowl, won't be nearly as important or nearly as revered.
Chris

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I was close to the Target in North Little Rock today and stopped and it did have the Orange Box for $30, so I picked it up. There were no MadCatz NFL PS3 controllers. There was at least one XBox 360 NO Saints controller for $10.

Chris

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Saw the orange box and lair for 30 today.
Also sipsons for 25.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
BTW, I also snagged one of those N-Power media players on clearance for $20 that someone mentioned in another thread. Looks like a pretty nice unit for that price (1 GB of memory; accepts SD/ MMC cards, plays music, video, image files, and java games), even though the choices were Naked Brothers Band or Spongebob. :)

Users who are viewing this thread