What's new

PS3 as Blu-Ray player to cost $599! (1 Viewer)

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Hello?

This is odd. I've never seen a thread started without a topic post before.

Echo!

Sorry. I'm not complaining about price until 1.) it's listed for that price in stores and 2.) we see the titles that come out for it same day... there could be a killer app!

CS

Dan Hinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Hinson
Swell. So can someone explain to me why a stand-alone Blu-Ray DVD player will cost me $1000+?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Where did everyone get those prices for the stand alone players? Everyone thought the PS3 was going to be $7-800. Its only $600 for the loaded system. I seriously doubt blue-ray players will cost over $1000. If they are they have no chance against HD-DVD.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I'm not the expert here, I only occasionaly pop in here since I probably am another year away from buying into bluray/hd-dvd, but I believe all the officially announced Bluray players are rumored to be in the 1k range.

I am curious about how manufacturers selling Bluray players feel about a PS3 selling for half of what they plan to sell their initial players for. It might make the format succeed in the end but it might make a 1k player a tougher sell then it should be. I mean even though early adopters are willing to pay that price, I see many going for the PS3 as a way to try out the format in case it fails.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'm guessing the Blu-Ray playback on the PS3 will be equivalent to DVD playback on the PS2. So you'll get output that the average consumer will enjoy, but won't necessarily match the needs of those who are really in to HT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks