PS2: which games don't support digital optical audio?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phil_La, Aug 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Phil_La

Phil_La Stunt Coordinator

I'm thinking of getting Monster's S-Video/optical cable set for PS2. I searched a little on the forums, and found two games that won't work with the optical cable: PaRappa 2 and Sky Odyssey. I'm not interested in these games, so I'll probably get the cables as long as there aren't any other games that won't work w/ optical. Are these the only two?

2. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I have played about 2 dozen games and have had no problems with my optical output.

I have not played the ones you described, but it is a good question to find out if there are other games out there that may not work with a optical out.

Paul

3. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

Fantavision also does not support optical audio. I think you mostly have to worry about launch games.

4. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

I had the problem with Parappa 2 as you mentioned (on the demo disc), but of the 50 games that have seen their way into my system not one other game has had this problem. Since Parappa though just in case I keep the RCAs hooked into my reciever should such a problem arise again, so its just a case of input switching.

5. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

They disabled the optical out on Parappa 2 so people wouldn't dump the soundtrack to MD players. Pretty sad. [​IMG]

6. Michael St. Clair