PS2 Vertical stand?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Dec 13, 1999
    I see some people have their PS2'S set up with a vertical stand. What's the point of that? I heard a rumor that it helps with the PS2 from overheating. I think that is a myth. I would be more worried about my game spinning off track or the disc falling out when I opened the door.
  2. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

Aug 2, 2000
    The vertical stand is the keep the PS2 mroe stable when you have it in the vertical position. IMO it is needed as the PS2 isn't all that stable without it.

Whoever says anything about helping with overheating has no idea what they are talking about.

And the disc wont fall out, because if you own the PS2 you must have seen the groove that the disc slips into on the left side of the tray while in the horizontal position. This groove is on the bottom of the tray while vertical, and the disc stays inplace when opened.

Hope this helps.

Whoops, I misread your post thinking you were saying that the vertical stand helps get rid of overheating problems. My bad. I actually haven't heard of any overheating problems with the PS2 though.

I have my PS2 vertically because I think it looks cooler, and I don't have enough room on my table for the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox if the PS2 is horizontal.