1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 to Denon 1602 connection question?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Kanyak, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Frank Kanyak

Frank Kanyak Stunt Coordinator

My friend has a PS2 connected to his new Denon 1602 via Fiber-optic. It will only play DPL 2 and not switch to Dolby Digital onscreen or the red light will not appear. The optical is turned on in the PS2 configuration menu. Any help will do. I have a Denon 2802 and the light always appears and switches over to DD or DTS when the movie starts.

2. Paul Seyfarth

Paul Seyfarth Stunt Coordinator

if you go to the PS2's( by pressing select or start I can't remember) menu while the DVD is playing you can go the the settings, and turn on Dolby digital.

You can't use dolby digital while playing games.

3. John Dunlap

John Dunlap Stunt Coordinator

Paul's right. I think there are only a couple of PS2 games that feature Digital Surround-SSX Tricky is one of them. MOst games are in plain ol' Dolby Surround (Pro Logic). Xbox on the other hand has lots of games in DD 5.1.

4. Frank Kanyak

I called my friend and he's going to try that before buying a dvd player. That's for the quick response guys!!!

5. Frank Kanyak

We're good to roll. It was nice to see the DTS option available in the audio config.