PS2 Splinter Cell Extras

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morgan Jolley, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Hopefully the cube version will get the extras. While they're cool and all I can't complain, I got a helluva deal on the xbox and Splinter Cell so I can live without some extras [​IMG]

3. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

That sucks. I feel a little ripped off being an Xbox owner. Even if I did own a PS2 I don't think I'd pickup that version cause I'd constantly compare the graphics.

This stuff better be made available on XBL, at least the 4 levels. I can live without the cinematics.

4. Bruce_S

Bruce_S Second Unit

Kami,

Quit your whinning... Xbox got special treatment on the Gemna Onimusha and MGS2:Substance...

5. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

Not really On substanace. I have Substance for ps2. I think it is coming to the states soon.

6. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I can see the need to differentiate themselves a bit, but I'm baffled as to why MS didn't try to nab this game as an exclusive. I feel a little ripped off on this one (given that I only bought the game last week), but I'm pretty sure that most of the new content will be made available through live. They've built the functionality in, so I see no reason not to use it. I really doubt that anyone is going to re-buy the game for four levels.

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

8. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

9. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Wasn't it announced that Splinter Cell would have downloadable content? Not just rumored, but actually announced, either in OXM or in a press release? I could have sworn I saw something like that. Let me poke around.

10. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Dave, it says so right on the box.

11. Dave Falasco

Okay, cool. So is there any reason to believe that whatever extras have been announced for the PS2 won't be available to Xbox owners as either DLC or an OXM disc? I mean, what's the big deal? Or has it been confirmed that the new stuff that the PS2 has is different from the DLC?

12. Bruce_S

Bruce_S Second Unit

Romier,

Thanks for the good laugh this morning...

[​IMG]

13. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Yikes.

I'll watch my mouth next time. Didn't realize it would rile up some of you. [​IMG]

Nice pic, Romier. haha

14. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

15. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Actually I heard a rumor that one of the downloaded levels from XBL might be a true exclusive to Xbox. Take it with a grain of salt...

16. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Even with the downloadable content, you'd have to sign up for XBL. With the PS2 version, you just wait a few more months and get the game with some bonuses without paying for XBL.

If the X-Box gets exclusive levels, then would that mean the PS2 version's levels would be exclusive to that?

17. Dave Falasco

18. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Stunt Coordinator

19. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

i think microsoft did what it could to keep it xbox-only for the holidays, and if you didn't listen to all the fanboy wars you would see that the game was stated as being multiplatform all along. the xbox has been blessed with extra content on multiplatform ports. this is the tradeoff for games being built for xbox then ported over, the ported version gets upgrades. I wouldn't be so sure if microsoft is just going to let something that is supposed to be for xbox-live subcribers only in OXM. But no one thought they would do the bundle either..

20. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I suspect XBL folks will get the 4 new levels and the new opening at least, maybe the 30 mins of additional in game cinematics. Don't know about the binocular headgear as that may be set on the disc already, but I'm sure it will all even out by the time the PS2 version arrives.

The real question is still: Where is that durn MechAssault d/l that MS keeps promising us poor saps! Flame on Johnny [​IMG]