What's new

PS2 SOCOM Online Gaming, whos in? (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
I too read that it has built in support for Clans, and that it tracks your performance as you play online. You can browse a list of player rankings, worldwide, and see how you are doing etc. It will also be helpful when joining/creating games as you can hopefully make it a balanced game etc.

I would be interested in an HTF clan, that would be really neat. Well have to see how the game is setup once and arrives and how easy the organization of Clans is etc.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Don't suppose anyone knows if SOCOM will work with the Linksys USB ethernet adapter I bought to play THPS3 online with, do they?
Hehe, I bought 2 because the first brand didn't work! Oh well, more spare computer parts. :)
-Dave

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
An HTF clan for SOCOM would rule. Hopefully it will be really easy to set up and we can start working our way up to #1 in no time.:D

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Check out the coupons & bargains section - ordered my PS2 network adapter today for 20% off! woo hoo!

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
So today I was at Best Buy buying Gran Turismo 3 and I see a SOCOM box sitting on the racks. It was a preorder thing for 5 bucks, with some coupons and a free SOCOM demo disc. The 5 dollars goes towards the price when you buy it. Just thought I would let you guys know, cause now Im ready to kick some ass:D

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
in other SOCOM news, the Equipment section of the official SOCOM website has been updated. For those who dont feel like playing the games and challenges to find out the passwords for each section, you can simply enter "BUD/S" (no quotes) in the Equipment section to unlock all sections.

the equipment section is neat, because they show screenshots of all equipment and weapons in the game. Some of my questions were answered like Frag, HE, Smoke grenades are present, along with Night Vision (woohoo!!). binioculars, and some type of grenade launcher type weapon looking thing. (counter-strike fans will more than likely recognize a few of the weapons)

for the sniper in all of us there are also 5 different sniper rifles to choose from! Niice!!!!

Im still working on the "Online Console Gaming Network" - "www.ocgn.com" website, which will allow members to browse, schedule, and join scheduled games for any online console. Details are sketchy at the moment, but I have a prototype currently working.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that theyd like to see implemented, please let me know. I hope to have the site launched by August 28th. (just in time for the PS2 to be online!)

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks