PS2 Price Drop???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott_lb, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I read in a recent videogame magazine (PSM?) that the rumor is that the PS2 price will drop another $50 down to $150 by Thanksgiving to take advantage of the holiday season. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I read the same thing but I doubt since it's selling so well. If you're Sony why bother?

3. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Yeah, they've already sold 40 MILLION! PS2's at $200-$300 each. It still sells at a brisk pace, and as much as I like my GCN and Xbox, neither one has been able to pose a serious threat to Sony. Unless Xbox Live explodes at retail (it's a GREAT product, BTW), I doubt the landscape will change much this holiday season. Grand Theft Auto Vice City - five little words that virtually guarantee an incredibly strong selling season for Sony!

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Don't expect any of the systems to drop before this time next year at least. XBox and NGC dropped at least 6 months before they intended to

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

The bundle seems to be the magic word this holiday season. I know I've said it before but that Xbox bundle is so good...

6. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

The nearest thing I've seen this afternoon was a rebate making PS2 come otu at $149.99. ...and I saw that only at Babbage (or is it Baggage?)
    I actually got a PS2 for $99 when I traded in an old PS1 and ten valid games at EB. So nowadays, I get to play on 2 consoles, PS2 and Xbox.

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

How does the Babbages rebate work?

I'm still thinking that they'll do a PS2 bundle with 2 games and another controller. I'm surprised they've taken this long to announce something. Thanksgiving seems like a good time, but I'm getting itchy to add another console to sit next to my Gamecube.