PS2 Platinum range

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, Feb 25, 2002.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Anyone here in the UK thinking of picking up GranTurismo3 would be wise to wait a week, as of March 1st it'll be £20 along with TekkenTag, Timesplitters and others...
    Dan, if you havent picked up Timesplitters i suggest you do, it's a steal at £20!
    Even better is that www.play247.com have them for £18.99 incl free delivery [​IMG]

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Yeah great, one month after I spend £44 on GT3.... [​IMG] £18.99 each shipped at play is a steal so I will probably check out Timesplitters. What about Tekken Tag? How's that, or DOA2 even. Realised I dont own any PS2 beat em ups.
    Also, is it me or are the covers Superbit inspired? [​IMG]
    Dan
    PS: Apparently a number of producers of PS2 titles are also allowed to run various titles at the £19 RRP.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Tekken Tag is good if you like Tekken, and DoA2 is good if you like DoA. If you never owned a Tekken game before, get Tag since it has EVERYBODY from the series and a lot of cool stuff. DoA2 is good, but relatively easy, shallow, and has few secrets beyond things like costumes.

4. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Dan, if you like Tekken then chances are you'll like TekkenTag, there's a cool extra game to unlock...Tekken Bowling which is good fun especially with 2 players. Im not a huge fan of the Dead or Alive series but DOA2 looks good and plays well.

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Yeah I do like Tekken. More partial to Virtua Fighther, but Tekken was good. I have reservations about playing a beat em' up in PAL again, but for £19 its probably wrong for me to make it an issue.

Dan

6. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Good point Dan, i've played both the PAL and NTSC versions and i did notice the PAL definitely wasnt as fast.
    Ive never really been into VF but having played VF4 i can say if you're a fan of the series you're in for a treat!
    If you get Timesplitters get some pals round for 4player, i play it through a projector so we each get a TV sized view...it's fantastic fun and we still play it over a year since getting the game. Some of the challenges are cool like shooting heads off zombies and shooting all the glass in an area using twin miniguns! [​IMG]

7. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Actually, Tekken Tag, while a less than great PAL conversion, with nice black borders, is at least better than the Japan original release. Some degree of AA is present, to clear out those evil jaggies.

£19 GT3 is the biggest reason for me to umm and aah over a PS2 at the moment, when that purple Gamecube is calling to me as well. Mind you, I'm moving house on Friday, so I'm broke as it is!

8. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Well you guys in the US are getting some cheap PS2 titles too and some good ones at that...

ATV Offroad Fury, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, Twisted Metal Black and Dark Cloud.

Not bad at $25.

9. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

When are the prices going to take effect in the USA? I've heard not until May [​IMG] I really wanted to pickup Dark Cloud soon but alas I guess I'll wait. I'll definitely pick up Twisted Metal too.

10. David_Lu

David_Lu Extra

I heard that the new prices take effect in april...tekken tag team would be sweet, but then again tekken 4 is just around the corner...decisions...decisions.