1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 Platinum range

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, Feb 25, 2002.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Anyone here in the UK thinking of picking up GranTurismo3 would be wise to wait a week, as of March 1st it'll be £20 along with TekkenTag, Timesplitters and others...
    Dan, if you havent picked up Timesplitters i suggest you do, it's a steal at £20!
    Even better is that www.play247.com have them for £18.99 incl free delivery [​IMG]

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Yeah great, one month after I spend £44 on GT3.... [​IMG] £18.99 each shipped at play is a steal so I will probably check out Timesplitters. What about Tekken Tag? How's that, or DOA2 even. Realised I dont own any PS2 beat em ups.
    Also, is it me or are the covers Superbit inspired? [​IMG]
    Dan
    PS: Apparently a number of producers of PS2 titles are also allowed to run various titles at the £19 RRP.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Tekken Tag is good if you like Tekken, and DoA2 is good if you like DoA. If you never owned a Tekken game before, get Tag since it has EVERYBODY from the series and a lot of cool stuff. DoA2 is good, but relatively easy, shallow, and has few secrets beyond things like costumes.

4. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Dan, if you like Tekken then chances are you'll like TekkenTag, there's a cool extra game to unlock...Tekken Bowling which is good fun especially with 2 players. Im not a huge fan of the Dead or Alive series but DOA2 looks good and plays well.

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Yeah I do like Tekken. More partial to Virtua Fighther, but Tekken was good. I have reservations about playing a beat em' up in PAL again, but for £19 its probably wrong for me to make it an issue.

Dan

6. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Good point Dan, i've played both the PAL and NTSC versions and i did notice the PAL definitely wasnt as fast.
    Ive never really been into VF but having played VF4 i can say if you're a fan of the series you're in for a treat!
    If you get Timesplitters get some pals round for 4player, i play it through a projector so we each get a TV sized view...it's fantastic fun and we still play it over a year since getting the game. Some of the challenges are cool like shooting heads off zombies and shooting all the glass in an area using twin miniguns! [​IMG]

7. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Actually, Tekken Tag, while a less than great PAL conversion, with nice black borders, is at least better than the Japan original release. Some degree of AA is present, to clear out those evil jaggies.

£19 GT3 is the biggest reason for me to umm and aah over a PS2 at the moment, when that purple Gamecube is calling to me as well. Mind you, I'm moving house on Friday, so I'm broke as it is!

8. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Well you guys in the US are getting some cheap PS2 titles too and some good ones at that...

ATV Offroad Fury, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, Twisted Metal Black and Dark Cloud.

Not bad at $25.

9. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

When are the prices going to take effect in the USA? I've heard not until May [​IMG] I really wanted to pickup Dark Cloud soon but alas I guess I'll wait. I'll definitely pick up Twisted Metal too.

10. David_Lu

David_Lu Extra

I heard that the new prices take effect in april...tekken tag team would be sweet, but then again tekken 4 is just around the corner...decisions...decisions.