What's new

PS2 owners: Who's double dipping for MGS2-Substance?? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to decide what to do.

I'm leaning toward the double dip because I bought SOL after it was made a greatest hit AND was on sale at circuit city for $16.99. I can sell it back to EBGames for $5. It looks like Substance will street for $39.99, so after all is said and done, the game will end up costing me +/-$50, which is where I would have been from the start before it went GH.

What about the rest of you guys??

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
If you really like the game I would say it's worth buying Substance. It's got quite a bit of extras for the fans. :)

Dan.b

James T

Screenwriter
From an Xbox user, who played Substance, I don't think it's worth it.
The SOL game is awsome, but the rest IMO are the DVD extras that no one watches.

I guess if you like the VR missions, you'll like this, but there are only about 5 missions I liked and all they did was take the settings from the oil rig and put more enemies.

The Snake Tales, I just didn't like no matter how much I tried. I thought it would be cool to play through the game as Snake, but for some reason, I didn't like it.

The movie theater is fun for only the first 2 mins.

I never really cared for the Boss fight stage either.

Although it may seem like a lot o goodies, I think it's only a weekend renter.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I might get it. I want to get it eventually.

BTW, will it read MGS2 saves? Or will I have to start all over?

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, you'll have to start over. However, the rumor is that if you have saves on your card from The Document of MGS2, it will immediately unlock all the characters and extras and levels on Substance.

In further bad news for North Americans, The Document of MGS2 will not be included with Substance but will be in the European release.:thumbsdown:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
In further bad news for North Americans, The Document of MGS2 will not be included with Substance but will be in the European release
But we've had Document of MGS2 for a while. A friend of mine got it, I could borrow his copy for a minute to get a save file if the rumor is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks