What's new

PS2 or jackhammers...take your pick (1 Viewer)

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Oh

My

God

I actually got that syndronme while operating a power paint sprayer. Caused part of my finger to go numb for weeks. The video game controller don't vibrate anywhere near as bad as that old sprayer.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Next thing you know, they'll say playing with yourself will make you go blind!

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I run a greater risk of injury from all the typing I do on the HTF, not to mention work...
...oh wait, that IS where I spend my time on the HTF! :D
Honestly though, such articles, while lending themselves to several documented cases, are filler and propaganda at least, and at best, confirmation of things that we long-time gamers have been aware for years.
Can't be nearly as bad as Konami's Track and Field on the NES. :)
Joseph

Dan B

Screenwriter
Clueless. 1 documented case in 25 years of videogames? Then they go on to say it's only a matter of time before the first videogame-related case of carpel tunnel syndrom? Hell, I've had carpel tunnel for the last 10 years from playing videogames....whoops. :b

But seriously, I've been playing videogames for 25 years (blushing again) & I had far more problems when I was a soundman working the knobs on a soundboard. I'm not arguing against moderation in videogaming (or anything else for that matter), but I do think that this article is clueless.

-Dan

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Next thing you know, they'll say playing with yourself will make you go blind!
I only did it until I needed glasses. ;)
I'm not buying into the whole thing. It reminds me of a term paper I wrote my junior year in high school comparing the pros and cons of video game playing. At that time, parents in my local area were crusading against video game manufacturers and stores which carried video games. (Yes, they actually campaigned against Wal Mart too. It was a riot to see.) I picked up on the whole thing, and centered my term paper around the dispute. Their view was that games were disruptive and, for lack of better words, made kids less intelligent by playing them. My argument was games improve hand-eye coordination and help teach complex learning and problem solving skills while being fun. You learn, but you don't know you are learning. I managed to get a B+ out of the whole thing for originality.

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I think that this is another "video games are evil" article and here's why thing. If anything bad can be said about video games, it's that you are sitting and not being active while playing them. I've had a duel shock controler for my PSX since they were first avalable and I can't see how it would cause any harm.

If you do anything for for too much time it can be bad for you. I think there's far more important things to worry about than vibrating controlers.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The kid played video games for up to 7 hours everyday! Well duh...no wonder thats the only thing wrong with him. His parents should have taken it away long ago and yelled at him to go outside

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks