What's new

PS2 online Question... (1 Viewer)

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I'm using ATT Broadband service and using the Linksys cable modem for my PC. The Linksys has a USB ethernet connection, will this work with the PS2? I tried plugging the USB into my PS2 and was testing it with NFL2k3 it didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

bruce

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Bruce:

I'm fairly certain that won't work. You'll want to get the sony Network Adapter and plug it in via ethernet from the Cable Modem.

Tommy_Y

Grip
You will still need a USB network adapter, the modem by itself does not work. I've got the Linksys 100TX USB net adapter and can play NFL2K3 and Madden 2003 online without any problems at all.

Sujeet Patel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sujeet
Do you need the software that comes with the Sony NA to play the online games, or do all of the online games have ISP settings like THPS3 did? I've got one of the Linksys USB network adapters, but lost interest in THPS3 before I got mine, so I never tried it out. Seems like a better solution than dropping $40 on the "official" network adapter.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Where did that information come from? A lot of the recent online games don't officially support USB ethernet adapters, but run just fine. It would seem likely that future games would be the same.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks