What's new

PS2 online players? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Does anybody ever play PS2 games online? I know the trend is toward XBox live, but I'm always stuck looking for someone to play PS2 online with. I think the only online games I have right now are Tony Hawk 4 and NFL 2K3, and I guess TimeSplitters 2, although I've never figured out how to get it online. It's especially hard to find anyone to play 2K3 with - I honestly don't think I've EVER played it online.

Anyway, does anybody here play PS2 games online?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
http://www.neoavalon.com/TS2O/setup/

That'll tell you how to get TimeSplitters 2 Online, though you need to arrange it with someone before you actually do it (you can't just go online and find a game to join).

I don't have a Network Adapter, otherwise I'd play at least Frequency online.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Hi Morgan,

Yes, I've been to that site and tried to set it up with friends and even some of the people who made that site, but never got it to work. I never managed to figure out the settings for my router and the PS2. Very frustrating. :frowning: I'm still trying to figure out why Free Radical took online play (actual, non-tunnelled online play, that is) out of the game in the first place.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They took it out because Sony was originally going to provide the infrastructure for it to work (even if it was P2P, they need chat servers) but then decided not to at the last minute, so Eidos decided to remove the feature.

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
I play games online but only in japan. The only american game that I have that has online play is Socom( Sweet ass game BTW). I usually play capcom vs SNK 2, Marvel vs capcom 2, Auto modelista, and a couple others.

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator
I have been playing a lot of ATV Offroad Fury 2 online. I have several other PS2 games in the queue, but I can't seem to give this one up. The online racing is really a blast, quite addicting.

I race online as FREDSTER (usually).

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I don't have an adapter. I might get one in the near future. I would like to play other HTFers in Tony Hawk 4.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I play online with my PS2 all the time. SOCOM, Twisted Metal: Black, and Frequency. I plan on playing baseball online this year as well. I'll be checking out Everquest as well. Other online games I plan on picking up include ATV Offroad Fury 2, Tribes: Aerial Assault, and Auto Modellista.

Oh, and Final Fantasy XI when it comes out.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
The only thing that PS2 has right now that appeals to me is Frequency, and Amplitude in the future. I don't even play Frequency too much any more because of the hastle of disk swapping.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I've been playing a good bit of Everquest Online Adventures over the past three or four days (been real damn sicm lately). Got my characters up to level 11. If anyone else happens to be playing send me a tell. Characters name is Vrale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks