PS2 Network Adapter Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristopherW, Jan 22, 2003.

1. ChristopherW

ChristopherW Agent

I have just recently gotten the network adapter. My problem is that my cable modem is in a different room than my ps2. Is there any way to use a wireless router to connect the ps2 or is my only choice to use a normal router and have wires running all over the place? Any soulution minimizing having crazy wires all over the place would be great!

On another note, what do you guys think of socomm? I just got it!!

Thanks you guys.

2. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

Christopher: You're best off going with a wired approach, as wireless routers tend to cause a decent amount of latency, and that's not something you want when online gaming is concerned.

I love SOCOM, and still play it all the time. A bunch of HTF people used to play all the time, but they seem to have moved on to other games on XB Live. You'll find me on SOCOM under the name "stencil".

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

You could get a wireless router to connect to your PC and then have a wire go to it from the PS2. Though if the router will be right next to your PC, wires running all over the place would be cheaper and probably less confusing. You'd only be adding 2 wires (one short one for PC, one long one for PS2).