PS2 NCAA Football: 2002 vs 2003

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron H, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Seeing all the hype about the new 2003 has got me interested in this game. I am a devoted Florida Gator and would love to play my team in The Swamp and feel the excitement. However, I've never been into Sports games at all. I remember seeing NHL Hockey for the PS1 and it was moving so fast I didn't like it at all. I haven't given other sports games (besides golf) a chance at all since then.

So my question is: for a first NCAA football game, would I be ok going with the 2002 version that seems to be on sale used at stores for around $20, or go with the new 2003 version? I really hate paying $50 for games; in fact, I've never bought a new one. All used from stores and people for $30 max.

Anyway, would like to hear some opinions on 2002 vs 2003 for a beginner.

Thanks, Aaron

2. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

I used to buy every NCAA Football release(99 and on) until they quit putting it on PS1.... Now that I've got my PS2 I'm ready to get back in. But I'll wait until the 2003 comes out(when's it coming?) to get my NCAA fix.

Just spend the extra $25 and get the current rosters and upgraded gameplay....

Edit: IT's already out!!!

Crap!!!!!!!

Now...which platform, Gamecube or PS2.... hhmm....

3. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

William,
    I was at EB Games last nite and saw 2003 for sale. I have another question about the rosters, which you reminded me about. Will 2003 have only players that are on the team this year, or can you go back 2-3 years and get some of your favorite players that decided to enter the NFL draft early? [​IMG]
    Aaron

4. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

2003 has current rosters, but I _think_ you can play as "all-time" teams for any given school. That was the case in 2002 anyway. Also, there is a player edit feature where you can edit all the rosters to your heart's content!

5. James St

James St Supporting Actor

Nice to see another Gator here. Thought I was alone. I'll be picking NCAA 2003 up for XBox in the next few days. In 2003 who knows how good or bad Florida going to be rated. Also, this year I hope they spell Florida right. They got it wrong in NCAA 2002. Even with minor improvements to the AI I would go with 2003.

6. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

You might want to wait to see how Sega's NCAA 2k3 is. I believe it comes out next week. I loved NCAA 2002 but I'm not sure if I'm gonna pick up 2003(as I already have 02). I do want to try Sega's game though as I did have some issues with NCAA 2002(running plays just never really seemed to flow properly to me).

7. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer