What's new

PS2 Monster component cable bleeds red under text (1 Viewer)

Ryan_D

Agent
The Monster component cable I picked up with my PS2 bleeds red under the white and red text on GT3. I know it isn't a convergence problem because the original PS2 cable doesn't have the problem. I double checked the convergence just in case. I don't have a problem with DVD's and component video either. The Monster cable looks much better in general besides the problem with red.

Do you think the Sony component cable would work better, or should I try a Monster S-video cable?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
What TV do you have? For some reason the component input on my 32" wega always makes the screen have a deep red tint to it. You can really tell when the screen fades to black, it's very annoying. This doesn't happen when using the Monster S-vid for the ps2, only with the component output from my Xbox and my Tosh sd-1200.
I was thinking of getting an ISF calibration but am wondering how much that would cost.

Ryan_D

Agent
I have a Toshiba 65H80. Click on the link at the bottom of my message to see the rest of my equipment.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Ryan, I have the same setup and have not experienced this. Like you, I've had my set properly calibrated as well.

Ryan_D

Agent
I finally figured out what was wrong. I had never used my 2nd component input, so I had never adjusted the contrast. The red was just blooming worse than the other colors. Luckily, nothing burned into the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks