What's new

PS2 Modem.......When is this thing going to be available? (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I thought it was going to be out when Madden 2002 was released?
I don't know anyhting else about this add on modem? Are there any places online where I can get info?
Thanks
------------------
I WAS DRUGGED AND LEFT FOR DEAD IN NEW MEXICO AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID T-SHIRT
Link Removed
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Andre F

Screenwriter
Does anynone know if this is going to support broadband and regular modem connections? If so then I better get started running wire through my ceiling.
biggrin.gif

-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Does anynone know if this is going to support broadband and regular modem connections?
Yes.
At E3, Sony announced the North American release would be a 'two in one' deal - you'll get a BBA & regular modem in the one unit.
Interesting fact: they've just announced in Europe you'll get the harddrive unit 'free' for subscriping longterm to the upcoming "Sony Network" for the PS2...
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Interesting fact: they've just announced in Europe you'll get the harddrive unit 'free' for subscriping longterm to the upcoming "Sony Network" for the PS2...
...which could easily be a complete ripoff like the MSN deal is for many people. Still interesting, though.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
In Japan, the modem (with both connection types) was sold together with the HDD for $150 or $145 (external and internal, respectively). In America, the modem is internal and should be around $40. The HDD comes out later at an unannounced price, but I'm hoping its $100 or less.
The Sony Network idea is more like the Sega.net idea than MSN. Those who subscribed to Sega.net got a free DC and keyboard/mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks