PS2: "Medal of Honor - Frontline"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Willis, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Robert Willis

Bought a PS2 about 4 months ago. Hadn't bought a system since the SNES. I bought my normals games (EA Sports games like Madden'02, NHL'03, Fifa'02). Well, today I decided to go get a shooter game. I did a little research on the net and decided to go with MOH:Frontline.

This may be the best game I have ever played. The audio in this game is amazing, along with great graphics. The gameplay isn't bad either! I really wish I had my Pioneer RPTV and home theater built and ready to go.

So, if anyone is on the fence about spending the $49 or whatever on this game, don't! Buy it.

Robert Willis
    -pioneer guy-

2. Jamie Doucette

Jamie Doucette Stunt Coordinator

I rented this game last week based on reviews on the net. I was actually planning on buying this "sight unseen", but I am definitely glad I rented it. To me, this is the most disappointing game I have yet played on the PS2. With the exception of the first 2 missions (D-Day), this turned into a "One man takes on the world" shooter. To me, its been done before, they just changed the setting to a WW2 scenario instead of aliens.

But i do agree with you, the sound and visuals are pretty good. Glad you enjoyed it. [​IMG]

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I agree Jaime. The first couple of mission were pretty cool, but then it just became so freakin' redundant. Run...shoot. Run...shoot. Duck....shoot. And so on.

Glad you're enjoying it Robert! It's always nice to buy a game unseen and enjoy it.

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well it IS a First Person Shooter isn't that the definition of One man takes on the world, I'm not sure how they could vary that theme

5. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

I'm with Robert. I very much enjoyed MOH:F on the PS2 and actually just completed it on the Xbox. Great 5.1 sound on the 'box version. I guess you either like the MOH series or you don't. I'm glad I do, as it was a blast to play on my HT system! For added enjoyment, play a level of MOH, then watch an episode of Band of Brothers on DVD. Repeat as neccesary.

Marc.

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I have allied assult, but it's only so impressive on a 15in flat screen PC monitor. I was wondering how the xbox version would look on my 65" Ws

7. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, Allied Assault is definitely the better game but MOH 'Box on a 42" pdp with Dobly D (best part of the game) is quite the experience.