PS2 Madden vs. 2K3 for dial up online play?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Curtis Lotter, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Curtis Lotter

Curtis Lotter Stunt Coordinator

I just got my network adapter up and running and had a chance to play agaist somebody online using the demo version of Madden. I thought it played reasonably well but eventually lost the connection.

Next I tried the NFL2K3 that I do own and everything played as if the game were at half speed. Again the connection was lost in the 4th quarter of the game.

Is this typical for dial up to lose connections like this?

For everyone out there that has more experience playing both of these games online, which is the better choice? Does 2K3 always play slow or is it something with my line.

Curt

2. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

I played Madden at my friend's hosue using his modem adapter.. His ran quite well with a few slowdowns but still enjoyable. What ISP are you using to connect to the server(s)?

3. Curtis Lotter

Curtis Lotter Stunt Coordinator

I'm using a local provider, EZ-net. I'll give it another try when I get a chance and will probably pick up a used copy of Madden. I've alway been a Madden buyer anyway but thought I would give Sega a shot this year.:b