PS2 Issues

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan_P, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Alan_P

Alan_P Extra

I need some help with a PS2 that I am borrowing until my Marantz DVD player gets back from warranty work. Basically I cannot get the DVD player to show a 16x9. It always does the conversion down to 4x3. I can get it to work fine on video games, but on movies it always formats it 4x3.

Also, I have a problem that the playstation will not send an AC-3 signal. Always PCM through the digital out. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Have you gone into the PS2 options to make it display DVDs as 16:9?

3. Alan_P

Alan_P Extra

yeah, that was the first thing I did once I hooked it up. It changed the screen on the menu to show the black bars on the top and bottom, but that's all.

4. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

This stumped me too. To fix it do the following. Put a DVD movie in. While it's playing press select. Go to the setup menu, turn on the bitstream output and DTS is applicable. Set the TV to 16x9 and you're all set. Why they hid the setting inside the DVD player setup menu if beyond me. This should work fine.

5. Alan_P

Alan_P Extra

thanks, I'll try that when I get home tonight. Is there a setting in there that will take care of the PS2 not sending a Dolby Digital Signal?

6. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Yea, it's in the same menu. I don't remember what it's under but put a movie in and look around that setup menu. It's in there somewhere I just can't remember exactly where at the moment.