What's new

PS2 controller question (1 Viewer)

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I'm huge racing fan, but I've been holding purchasing a PS2. What's the reason, its the controller! I've become really accustomed to the DC controllers with the dual triggers. With the current racing games available how do they handle throttle control and braking? I would hate to think with the buttons my choice is either wide-open or off with no in between.
------------------
My DVD Collection

ChrisV

Second Unit
Well, the Dual Shock 2 has analog buttons, so these offer you some throttle control. I noticed this especially in GTA3.
However, I highly recommend the Logitech steering wheel with the gas and brake pedals if you're serious about racing. It works great for GT3.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I heard that the Logitech wheel is harder to use than the controller and you were better off without it.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
In addition, severl games (GT3 most especially) allow you to use the right analog stick to control gas and braking. The level of control is impressive, and I don't think I could go back, even to analog buttons.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone tried tht controller that looks like a wheel but there is no base? I'm intrigued, but not enough to blindly spend $20 :)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
In addition, severl games (GT3 most especially) allow you to use the right analog stick to control gas and braking.

I tried that in GT1 and didn't really like it much. I need accel and brake to be seperate to get the control. The triggers on the DC were great once you got used to not holding them down all the way all the time.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks