PS2 controller question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donnie Eldridge, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

I'm huge racing fan, but I've been holding purchasing a PS2. What's the reason, its the controller! I've become really accustomed to the DC controllers with the dual triggers. With the current racing games available how do they handle throttle control and braking? I would hate to think with the buttons my choice is either wide-open or off with no in between.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

2. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

Well, the Dual Shock 2 has analog buttons, so these offer you some throttle control. I noticed this especially in GTA3.
    However, I highly recommend the Logitech steering wheel with the gas and brake pedals if you're serious about racing. It works great for GT3.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I heard that the Logitech wheel is harder to use than the controller and you were better off without it.

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

In addition, severl games (GT3 most especially) allow you to use the right analog stick to control gas and braking. The level of control is impressive, and I don't think I could go back, even to analog buttons.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Has anyone tried tht controller that looks like a wheel but there is no base? I'm intrigued, but not enough to blindly spend $20 [​IMG]
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List
    "The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer