What's new

ps2 cables and hook ups (X1) (1 Viewer)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
hey all. i just recently ordered a infocus x1 for dvd and ps2 use. right now i am still using the composite cable out of the box for the ps2 but i know that there are s video and component connections for the ps2. when i get the x1, i have a couple of options on hooking everthing up and i was wondering if you could advise me which would be the best. okay, now to get started....

i have a jvc progressive scan dvd player (not sure of the model number right now, i can get it later if it helps) that i have hooked up to my yamaha rx-v1000 reciever which is then hooked up to my panny rptv all via component cable.

when purchasing the x1, i also got the component to vesa adapter. no here is where i have some options. i might keep the dvd player hooked up to the reciever instead of a direct connection to the projector so that i can buy a component cable for the ps2 and hook it up to the reciever through a D-TV or whatever the other component input is on the back. then i can send a single component signal to the projector from the reciever.

my other option is to hook the dvd player directly up to the projector via component cable, then buy a s video ps2 cable which would probably go to my reciever then go to the projector through the s video monitor out.

my question is, which setup would give me the best picture quality from both sources? with a larger picture (100") i want the best signal sent for the best picture but im not sure what way is the best to go about that.

also, on a side note, should i send a progressive video output from the dvd player to the projector through the vesa adapter?

thanks

andy

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
ok, that makes sense.

could you tell me if this would achieve the same thing...what if i hooked my dvd player up to my reciever via component cables and my ps2 up to my reciever via S video then run a single S video cable monitor out from the reciever to the projector? would that give the same effect? im just curious because that not only saves me $15 but it also allows me to hook two things up to the projector through the S video input.

i guess i was wondering if something would be lost running the dvd signal through component cables then through S video... then if there would be any weird things happen if i switched from progressive to interlaced using this setup.

one last thing, im assuming that there is and advantage by buying a S video cable for the ps2 to run into the reciever correct? i guess it might be subjective, but im hoping it would be better then running a composite cable from the ps2 to the reciever then S video from reciever to projector.

as always, thanks!!!

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
my reciever has a composite, S video, and component output. i guess if i cant convert signals that narrows my options, either S video for the ps2 and component for the DVD or S video for both. i guess i could run composite all the way for the ps2 but im kinda scared of what the quality would be like on a 100" screen.

thanks for the help

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
well, to start off, i will be pretty close to the screen. hopefully when i move this summer i will get a place that has more room so i can move back, but right now i will be sitting about 8 feet back of the screen.

so if composite looks good on your screen, would you say it would be worth spending the extra cash for a S video ps2 cable or shoud i just keep the composite?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks