What's new

PS2 AV Multi Out box: Component option? (1 Viewer)

Jacob Rohrer

Agent
Currently, I have ran into a situation where I am out of available component inputs on the back of my TV set. Before I go the switchbox route, I was wondering if there is a PS2 equivalent of the XBOX Hi Definition AV Pack.

I know Sony has an AV Multi Out box that hooks up to the back of the PS2, but the one I have stumbled across only passes AV and Svideo. Unfortunately, I need a solution that passes a Component signal.

Does such a thing exist for PS2?

Jacob Rohrer

Agent
Actually, I already own the Sony Component cables. However, that solution still does not solve my problem of not having any available component inputs on my television. I described this in my first post.

My proposed solution was to run a set of standard component cables from the back of of my television set and then plug them into whatever device suits my needs at the time. I currently do this with my Xbox via the HD Pack and my Region 2 dvd player as both solutions accept standard component inputs. This solution is much easier than climbing behind my TV and unhooking / hooking up a new input every time I want to switch devices.

For this method to work with my PS2 I would need some kind of junction box that fits into the back of the ps2 and accepts standard component inputs. There is an AV Pack for PS2 but like I mentioned it only supports AV/Svideo.

I am just going to go the switchbox route anyhow. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks