What's new

PS2 and my Widescreen set (1 Viewer)

Bill Adlhoch

Stunt Coordinator
I just gor a playstation 2 and i have set it to the 16:9 mode in the menu. I have a panasonic PT-56WXF95 widescreen tv. There is a thin black bar along the left edge of my screen, and I am afraid of burn in. I have the set converged and aligned properly usiong the basic measurements.

Is there anything else I can do? Would getting the set ISF calibrated help?

any suggestions would be most appreciated

Joe michaels

Second Unit
Some games will allow you to move the image over if necessary. Unless you play for a really long amount of time I doubt you will have any problem.

Ken Tosh

Auditioning
I had the same problem with the PS2 and my widescreen. Never figured out how to resolve it, but I'm happy to report the Xbox is much more home theater friendly. It fully supports 5.1 sound in gameplay and has none of the widescreen conflicts. Halo is worth the purchase price alone.

Regards,

Ken

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
that bar is an issue no matter what type of tv you play on. I never noticed until I got my 50" Widescreen RPTV..than I asked the same question you did.

Then over a friends I noticed it on his regular ol 32" tv. and I knew it was just a PS2 thing.

but the other poster was correct, some games will have the "Center Screen" dohicky...and that fixes the problem.

(although its anoying when those games dont save the position of the screen..like Jak and Daxter...i had to move the screen every time I played - small grevience)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks