What's new

PS2 3 for 2, recommendations? (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to hear recommendations for a relatively new PS2 owner with Toys R Us Buy 2 get 1 Free Deal.

I have in mind to get:

Xenosaga
.Hack Infection
.Hack Mutation
Sly Cooper
Jak and Daxter

If any of these are not that great, or if others are worth mentioning, please let me know what your PS2 favorites are.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Xenosaga and Jak & Daxter are usually available for $19 & $29, so while they are great games, I'd look towards $50 titles to maximize your savings.

-Dave

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Ratchet and Clank is the undisputed best platformer on the system, though I haven't played Jak II yet. However, that's also a greatest hits title going for $20 bucks in stores.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Things have been slow on the PS2 lately but I think you should still be able to find 3 good $50 games to take full advantage of the deal. I ended up getting Castlevania and Disgaea as part of the deal. Castlevania is a relatively well executed Rygar clone and I think it's worth having for the art design. I haven't really messed with Disgaea yet but I hear that it's awesome.

SSX3 would be an obvious choice. The #6 of all time on gamerankings is a bit ludicrous, but it's definately in the top 10 to come out this year. I got mine for the Xbox with the intention of swapping it for a game with a later release date, but I'm glad I ended up opening it. Time Crisis 3 is pretty hardcore if TRU is selling the game/gun for $50 like Best Buy. I also like Jak 2 a lot but it's only $40 so you wouldn't save the full amount.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget about...

Metal Gear Solid 2
SOCOM
Tony Hawk Underground
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Twisted Metal: Black

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members